[WikiEN-l] Cuil launches CPedia.com, the robotically generated "encyclopedia".

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen cimonavaro at gmail.com
Tue Apr 13 21:47:52 UTC 2010

David Gerard wrote:
> On 13 April 2010 17:05, Ryan Delaney <ryan.delaney at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Apr 11, 2010 at 5:31 PM, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> Remember Cuil, the worst search engine of last decade? This is what
>>> they've done with the left over hardware: an automated encyclopedia.
>>> http://www.cpedia.com/
>>> It's like Wikipedia read by Mark V. Shaney.
>>>

>> Lmao.
>>

> http://www.reddit.com/r/technology/comments/bov5t/cuil_relaunches_as_cpedia_the_encyclopedia/
>
> If a computer could stand on a street corner shouting abusive
> gibberish at passers-by while wearing a tinfoil hat and smelling of
> stale urine, it would be CPedia.

You may be thinking you were joking, but
plugging in my own user name, Cimon Avaro,
I got:

"The claim by Cimon and Maveric is spurious.
They should retract their statements. The issue
is being ignored previous discussions led to the
conclusion that philosophy, religion and politics
inspired by Gaia should appear in one article,
and science should be in another. Rk is persecuted
for following the original agreement. This is a POV
violation."

...nothing whatsoever else, even remotely comprehensible.

Yours,

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen