[WikiEN-l] Age fabrication and original research

Durova nadezhda.durova at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 04:53:49 UTC 2009

Suppose for discussion's sake we can fully trust that the brother-in-law of
Jeane Dixon's nephew has indeed commented upon the matter.  Relatives have
been known to get their facts wrong.  The more distant, the more likely a
mistake.

My own cousins and I debate the spelling of a grandmother's name.  And
certain records are unverifiable because of warehouse fires.  In a few
instances I know the later records are wrong because I was present when the
later data was recorded and the person who answered the questions, who was
choked with grief, simply misspoke.  Others who were present were jet lagged
from sudden arrangements to attend the funeral and too slow to react.
There's a family member who ought to have a military honor on his burial
marker but doesn't, because of that.  I wish I'd had the presence of mind to
correct the omission when the opportunity came.

Let's go with the secondary sources here.  No disrespect intended.

http://durova.blogspot.com/