[WikiEN-l] FlaggedRevs test wiki needs you!

Aude aude.wiki at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 04:44:47 UTC 2009

On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 8:24 PM, Brion Vibber <brion at wikimedia.org> wrote:

> Apparently due to some miscommunications, a lot of people didn’t realize
> that the FlaggedRevs labs test wiki has been active and waiting for
> people to poke at it for a month, since just before Wikimania!
>
> We need interested people to be get up as local administrators to try
> out the the per-page stabilization settings (accessed via the ‘protect’
> tab); by default most pages do not activate FlaggedRevs in the
> configuration we’re testing for English Wikipedia.
>
> I’ve added a couple quick notes to this affect on the main page:
> http://flaggedrevs.labs.wikimedia.org/wiki/Main_Page
>
> We're collecting some folks to be bureaucrats and help set up more test
> admins so we can get things going quick!
>

> Also posted on the Wikimedia tech blog:
> http://techblog.wikimedia.org/2009/09/flaggedrevs-test-wiki-awaits-you/
>
> -- brion

Can the templates from enwiki (at least those in use) be imported to the
test wiki?  It's important to look at the flagged revs, together with
templates, to make sure the css stylings don't conflict between what's used
in the infoboxes and what's used in the flagged rev interface elements.

On the Arabic Wikipedia, which is using flagged revisions, I have found many
pages where the infobox together with the flagged revs mw-revisiontag
(sighted/draft) div in the corner cause the infobox to be displaced on the
page.

Examples:

http://bit.ly/17anh9 (October 2 - arwiki calendar page)
http://bit.ly/3zfe5x (Polonium - arwiki element page)
http://bit.ly/1cR7J4 (Jurassic Park 2 - arwiki page)

(Note: I haven't had the time to look into this and find where exactly the
bug is, and help fix it.  I am curious if it's happening only on arwiki or a
more widespread problem)

It would be good know if this might be a problem on enwiki, by testing with
templates on the test wiki.

-Aude