[WikiEN-l] Invitation for review

Nathan nawrich at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 18:15:24 UTC 2009

On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 2:00 PM, stevertigo <stvrtg at gmail.com> wrote:
> Nathan <nawrich at gmail.com> wrote to Ray:
>> This is an amazing thing you've written. I've read your posts for
>> perhaps two years, but I will read all future comments in an entirely
>> new light.
>
> Well, I think what Ray is doing is trying to conceptualize a kind of
> systemic bias in a certain historical area and how it affects our
> general view of history. That 11 million are omitted from the
> traditional account is something that we need to deal with, simply
> because we cannot accept ethnic or otherwise subjective concepts as
> categorical.
>
> I would suggest interpreting these kinds of expressions as attempts at
> conceptualization, perhaps the usage of counter-bias as a device, or
> maybe just playing devil's advocate. Insinuations of deeper biases
> should be checked first, and that I think goes for everybody.
>
> stevertigo <stvrtg at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I already took George to the woodshed for that remark, Raymond. I'm
>> sure he doesn't like being reminded of that experience.
>
> My usage of this arcane idiom for a spanking here was inappropriate.
> My apologies to George.
>
> -Stevertigo

Your arguments focus on the definition and description of the
Holocaust as an event, not Holocaust denial as a phenomena. The
counter argument, which you've chosen to ignore, is that Holocaust
denial as a phenomena is nearly absolutely limited to the "Jewish"
portion that you find has been the unfair focus of attention. With
your avowed great talent for debate, I'm surprised you find ignoring
arguments an effective strategy. But there is some similarity between
your claims of skill in "destroying" your opponents, or "[taking them]
to the woodshed", and those rappers whose body of work mostly revolves
around stating how incredibly talented they are. Maybe your next
redirect can be [[WP:MADBEATS]].

If you and Ray want to counter what you see as an inappropriate bias
in the depth and breadth of Holocaust historical coverage, then you
should pursue an academic post and start publishing. Good luck to you
with that. Perhaps in academia the idea that no one actually "died" in
the Holocaust will be met with something other than outright
dismissal.

Nathan