[WikiEN-l] Oversized criticism sections and WP:UNDUE (was: Notability and ski resorts)

Carcharoth carcharothwp at googlemail.com
Sun Sep 27 18:39:18 UTC 2009

On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 10:22 PM, Surreptitiousness
<surreptitious.wikipedian at googlemail.com> wrote:

<snip>

> Having just nullified a load of inactive proposals, I can attest to
> that.  I was wondering if there was a better way to organise historical
> and rejected proposals, but after a moment's thought I filed it away as
> too much work for too little return.

But then consider the time wasted when someone writes up the same
proposal again (or something similar), under a different title,
without realising the idea has already been rejected, or at least
discussed before? If you organise the rejected ideas, you might begin
to see a pattern, and to be able to identify the areas where new ideas
come up most often, or which ideas are truly perennial, and work
forward from there?

<snip>

> Having invested a large amount of time on a howled down proposal,
> WP:ATT, I need no reminder of that. I tried to poke some sort of life
> back into the Wikipedia:Advisory Council on Project Development but it
> didn;t come to aught.  I think that one is going to die, no-one wants to
> take it forwards.

What about the alternatives to the ACPD that were set up at the time?
Do any of them show any signs of life either? My big point at the end
of all that was that if several such bodies were given the chance to
grow and develop, surely one of them would succeed. If the answer is
in fact that *all* of them failed, that will be depressing.

Carcharoth