[WikiEN-l] So what does Flagged Revs feel like?

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 00:36:04 UTC 2009

2009/9/27 Ian Woollard <ian.woollard at gmail.com>:
> On 26/09/2009, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:
>> de:wp manages about one third in the first hour. That's really not
>> enough unless there's sone urgent need to stop Wikipedia newbie
>> editing dead.
>
> You'd think so, but that's not what the german statistics say- the
> anonymous still edit at about the same rate.

Do we know how many anonymous editors made more than one edit anyway?
Perhaps most of the people that made multiple edits registered after
the first edit or two, if that is the case then we would expect to see
a drop in registrations, not in anonymous edits. Looking at the stats
([1]) there is a noticeable (and sustained) drop between March and
April of this year with a similar drop in number of edits at the same
time - when did they introduce FlaggedRevs?

> You'd also think that there would be a reduction in vandalism, but
> that's also not what the statistics say; the vandals don't seem to
> notice.

I never really expected a drop in vandalism, I just expect it to just
be seen less and fixed slightly quicker.

1. http://stats.wikimedia.org/EN/TablesWikipediaDE.htm