[WikiEN-l] So what does Flagged Revs feel like?

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Sat Sep 26 19:40:14 UTC 2009

2009/9/26 David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com>:
> 2009/9/26 Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com>:
>
>> I think we should have flagged revs for as many articles as we can
>> keep up-to-date with. If it takes more than 5 minutes (preferably 1
>> minute) to review an edit (except for occasional times when somehow a
>> backlog builds up and it takes a few minutes for people to realise and
>> work through it), then we have failed. If we can have every single
>> article on flagged revs and still keep on top of them, then we should
>> do that. If we can't, then we should keep it to just a small number of
>> articles that really need it.
>

> de:wp manages about one third in the first hour. That's really not
> enough unless there's sone urgent need to stop Wikipedia newbie
> editing dead.

No, IMO they have failed. It should be literally 100% of edits reviews
in 5 minutes the vast majority of the time. I would set a target of
the lag on Special:OldReviewedPages should be less than 5 minutes 99%
of the time. If we fail to reach that target, we need to reduce the
number of articles we are using the extension on. I really think that
is achievable though, even with every article included - we already
have RC-patrollers checking most edits within a few minutes and this
extension would make it much easier to avoid duplicate effort. Do any
of the vandal-fighter tools (like Huggle) handle working through the
OldReviewedPages in order? (We need New Page patrollers to make sure
every new page gets its first review very quickly - they are usually
good at keeping on top of new pages.)