[WikiEN-l] So what does Flagged Revs feel like?

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Sat Sep 26 19:31:48 UTC 2009

I've just been looking at these statistics:

http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Special:ValidationStatistics

The median time for review is nice and small, but the average is lot
higher and the average lag is even higher - that means there are a
small number of reviews taking far too long (in fact, about 10% take
more than an hour) but most are being done nice and fast. I don't know
the reason for that, but one possible explanation is that people are
just reviewing edits they see while doing other things rather than
actually going through the list of out-dated articles in order from
oldest to newest. I think those stats are for both "sighted" and
"quality" reviews, so I'm not quite sure which reviews are taking a
long time, but sighting an edit shouldn't require any knowledge of the
article, so doing them in order seems the best option.