[WikiEN-l] Invitation for review

George Herbert george.herbert at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 00:01:23 UTC 2009

On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 4:39 PM, stevertigo <stvrtg at gmail.com> wrote:
> George Herbert <george.herbert at gmail.com> wrote:
>> This dispute looks either like some combination of original research,
>> disruption, or possibly active but intellectual support of holocaust
>> denialists.
>> Even without the latter, and AGF, if what you're doing is semantic
>> original research and perceived as the community as disruptive, it's
>> the sort of activity which Wikipedia is specifically not here to be
>> driving.  Write an article elsewhere where it's appropriate.
>
> I think its great George how you can just throw out an accusation like
> "some combination of original research, disruption, or possibly active
> but intellectual support of holocaust denialists" (its "deniers" by
> the way) and then say well even it ifs just a a matter of "AGF."
>
> I know its a cliche, but I'm going to answer your question is with a
> question anyway: "On what planet do you spend most of your time?"

The answer is "Earth", all attempts to the contrary notwithstanding.

You threw the question of your disruption block out here on wikien-L
for comment.  You cannot reasonably object that people have responded
with their impressions of the situation.

My impression, to expand, is that you're playing language games and
attempting to support something which violates OR and is to me morally
repugnant.

I know better than to assume of anyone in this crowd that the
appearance of such a stance automatically equals that the person in
fact does hold the views which are appearing in the argument.
However, I see what I see, and I responded to your request for
comment.

At the very least, you have successfully identified a hot button that
you can push to the extent that it gets you blocked for some variation
on disruption.  The normal reasonable human response to "Doctor, it
hurt when I did that" is "Don't do that."

If you have underlying arguments that do not appear to be OR, semantic
lawyering, or supporting holocaust denial, I am willing to hear a more
general articulation of the problem and I invite you to take a few
steps back and clarify.  What you've done at every step so far,
however, has been to dig yourself in deeper.

Again - I know better, in this crowd, than to assume that such deeper
hole digging behavior is anything more than intellectual stubbornness.
 Hence AGF.  But at some point admins on wiki need to react to what we
see and not what we hope is actually underlying.

Whatever your deeper point is - you've presented it in a monumentally
inappropriate manner for the venues, and you're making yourself look
horrible.  I advise you to stop, or to start over again from the very
general description of the problem.

--
-george william herbert
george.herbert at gmail.com