[WikiEN-l] Invitation for review

stevertigo stvrtg at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 23:39:39 UTC 2009

On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 2:05 PM, Nathan <nawrich at gmail.com> wrote:
> There is a mailing list for block reviews, this isn't it. We also
> don't usually get into discussing specific content issues here unless
> there is a point of wider significance to the encyclopedia.

True, and there are also those that want to discuss things of
substance, as you yourself do in the next paragraph.

> You believe Holocaust denial can only be defined using the separate
> definitions of "Holocaust" and "denial", and want the article to
> reflect your definition. Others state (correctly) that the term
> "Holocaust denial" taken as a whole is used to refer specifically to
> denial of the Holocaust of Jews (Shoah).

That's not accurate. Its not about "separate," "[my] definition,"
"taken as a whole,"* or "specific[ity]." These are all your own
misconceived mis-characterizations.

> Perhaps if we try to glean
> wider significance from this incident, it would be in the area of
> dealing with specious arguments from editors of long tenure who have
> become sophisticated in their misuse of dispute processes.

Certainly. That is, if you want to just ignore those arguments on both
sides and treat this whole thing within some arbitrary notions about
behaviorism. But we would we not first have to show that those
arguments are in fact "specious?" If you want to help out in this
area, I'm already off to a very good head-start on the ANI page. :-)

George Herbert <george.herbert at gmail.com> wrote:
> This dispute looks either like some combination of original research,
> disruption, or possibly active but intellectual support of holocaust
> denialists.
> Even without the latter, and AGF, if what you're doing is semantic
> original research and perceived as the community as disruptive, it's
> the sort of activity which Wikipedia is specifically not here to be
> driving.  Write an article elsewhere where it's appropriate.

I think its great George how you can just throw out an accusation like
"some combination of original research, disruption, or possibly active
but intellectual support of holocaust denialists" (its "deniers" by
the way) and then say well even it ifs just a a matter of "AGF."

I know its a cliche, but I'm going to answer your question is with a
question anyway: "On what planet do you spend most of your time?"

-Stevertigo