[WikiEN-l] Admins can now rename files!

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 03:31:36 UTC 2009

On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 12:21 PM, Daniel R. Tobias <dan at tobias.name> wrote:
> Yes, some of my own files have "wrong" names, such as when I
> attempted to give them names that included the date a photo was
> taken, but later realized I got the date wrong for some of the
> pictures and fixed it in the description, but was stuck with a
> mismatched name.

Or misspelling names, or misidentifying locations or people..or even
the opposite, where you upload an image of an animal that you can't
really identify, but with help you manage to. In practice I've ended
up uploading it to picasaweb or something, and only putting it on
commons once I knew what it was. (Arguably not a bad thing...)

Steve