[WikiEN-l] Mailing list policy

stevertigo stvrtg at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 15:14:29 UTC 2009

Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com> wrote:
> Absolutely. The WMF hosts the lists, so has a veto, but generally
> policy should be entirely determined by the users. Mods interpreting
> that policy can result in what is essentially new policy, though. (The
> same happens in law - judges often create new law when judging a
> specific case.)

Very accurate.

I myself just thought up a new idea that could sort of solve some of
the crosstalk, OTOT, and noise issues people have been complaining
about (as if foundation-l was ever supposed to be as sanitized as a
PR/announce list).

Essentially we can just create a new mailing list for well..  mailing
list issues. Not exactly a coffee-table book about coffee-tables, just
a place for people deal with all things mail, until mail itself is
replaced with some kind of Slashclone/mailmanager hybrid.

-Stevertigo