[WikiEN-l] Moderation (was: Stick this in your music theory and smoke it.)

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 13:08:13 UTC 2009

2009/9/22 Ray Saintonge <saintonge at telus.net>:
> When the complaint is about being off-topic, then what exactly is
> on-topic?  Without a clear definition any moderation for this is
> inevitably subjective, unless the individual insists on continuing the
> topic ad nauseam.  For Jay's post about "music" I had no idea what he
> was talking about, and maybe few people did; I was content to delete and
> go on with the next e-mail.  Nobody else has addressed the contents of
> that posting, so it seems that but for the resulting discussion about
> moderation the thread would have quite rightly died an early death as a
> one-post thread.

Rather than speculate, I suggest you look at previous such threads
from Jay. They have usually resulted in people asking (in vain) for
clarification and complaining about Jay and emails from Jay not
understanding why people have a problem with his emails. I think a
constructive discussion about moderation policy is better than that.