[WikiEN-l] Wikimedian image restorations exploited on eBay

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 02:10:53 UTC 2009

On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 8:05 AM, Durova <nadezhda.durova at gmail.com> wrote:
> Going through their online store revealed a dozen more of my restorations
> for sale, all without credit.  Other featured picture contributors may want
> to review the vendor's collection to see whether their work is also being
> exploited.  I also confirmed items in this vendor's collection that are
> copyrighted to the NAACP and Walt Disney Coporation.  Made relevant phone
> calls this afternoon.

I still wish you would answer the original question: why are you
angry, what do you think they have done wrong, and how do you think
they were supposed to know that wanted to be credited, based on the
information on the relevant image pages?

Or did you really just want to start an open discussion about the
creativity involved in image restoration?

Steve