[WikiEN-l] Fwd: [Wikitech-l] Article metadata separation from main wikitext

George Herbert george.herbert at gmail.com
Sat Sep 19 00:01:32 UTC 2009

Out of curiosity ... Do we have to allow nested refs?  Would it be
better to un-nest them?

Stylistically I think it's preferred not to do that.

Or at least, un-nest them to the extent of moving the body of ref B
outside the body of ref A, and replacing with a named ref callout to
B?

=>
<ref name=B>B</ref>

That the code let you get away with it doesn't mean it's a good idea
or that we ultimately need to support it.  If we can find all
instances and fix it...

--
-george william herbert
george.herbert at gmail.com