[WikiEN-l] Newbie and not-so-newbie biting

Emily Monroe bluecaliocean at me.com
Fri Sep 18 22:28:07 UTC 2009

> People who are causing a problem but have "aware friends" - people
> who know them and know AN and ANI and policy ok - rarely get driven
> off. Their friends post an ANI thread if they're blocked
> excessively, or go to the admin and advocate moderation, or go to
> another administrator and advocate moderation, etc.

I think that would happen to me if there was any attempt at all to
drive me off. More than likely, since I talk about my disabilities on
my user page, there would be an alert on the talkpage of WikiProject
Accessibility at some point if it gets bad enough, and therefore the
people who want me to get driven off would probably get a bigger
subset of users who want THEM to get driven off instead.

> I almost wish we had an admin action review board, whose job it was
> to say just quickly look at some fraction (10%?  1%?) of all admin
> actions and see if they're documented, justified, reasonable etc and
> give the admins feedback, request more writeup, ask for
> reconsideration etc.

Good idea. Maybe 10% for the first three months this is tried out, and
then after that, 10% for the first three months of adminship and 1%
for every other admin? Maybe there should be a special "recent
changes" page for administrative actions?