[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia: the Journal

FT2 ft2.wiki at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 10:48:27 UTC 2009

Hm. I'd assumed that any formal citation would link to a specific history
version. That's still the best way. If it isn't going to do so then you'd
have to have "edition dated MM-DD-YYYY" on different pages. In any event,
you'd archive the various peer reviews and link them from the discussion
page or such, so those wouldn't be lost.

Reasons for keeping just one page:

   - A formal citation to a WikiJournal should *always* be to a permalink,
   because inherently the current version may change (thats what a wiki is). So
   links will always work.
   - It's always up to date with latest knowledge and can be corrected or
   improved (subject to peer review).
   - It allows people to DIFF between versions and easily see what's been
   changed, which is phenomenally useful - imagine looking at a paper on some
   topic, and being able to see what's changed between any peer reviewed
   editions.

FT2