[WikiEN-l] Deletion of unreferenced living person biographies

Charles Matthews charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Sat Sep 12 08:30:29 UTC 2009

Tony Sidaway wrote:
> On 9/12/09, David Goodman <dgoodmanny at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Of course there's a process for speedy deletion.
>>

> Not at all.  An admin simply deletes an article.  That's a speedy deletion.

You're both correct, said he soothingly. An admin deletes after going
through some mental evolutions and checks (of the article's history,
notably). This is invisible on the site until the deletion, often (I
have a habit of moving an article to a corrected title, because you are
supposed to check the backlinks ... won't be any to an incorrect
spelling). The process itself is properly chartered: it is a "Wikipedia
process" in that sense.

Charles