[WikiEN-l] Is Wikipedia the first draft of history - New York Times take on Joe Wilson article

stevertigo stvrtg at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 00:11:20 UTC 2009

Durova <nadezhda.durova at gmail.com> wrote:
> A Wikipedian troll had a few observations too.
> http://hamletprinceoftrollmark.blogspot.com/2009/09/who-writes-history.html

Editor's note: Watch out for removals. I manually reverted a whole
section removal by a new user on the [[Rob Wilson (South Carolina
politician)]] article.  I also just reverted a half-removal by a new
user at the Wilson article under the "Public reactions" sub-section.

Piece-by-piece deletions are a great tool for pushers and vandals,
because they fly under the radar, while still compromising the
targeted text. (I'm not saying the second revert was a clear cut case,
just that I didn't like the lack of explanation for the removal). I
can't count how many times I've come back to articles to see even
slightly critical text slowly or even not-so-slowly picked to shreds
and then vanish.

A vandal bot *can be reconfigured for removals made without
substantive comment, or removals by new editors, right?

-Stevertigo