[WikiEN-l] Deletion of unreferenced living person biographies

Andrew Gray andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk
Thu Sep 10 14:20:00 UTC 2009

2009/9/10 Surreptitiousness <surreptitious.wikipedian at googlemail.com>:

> because even though the prod would get removed from the article since
> the article had been prodded before, the template would remain on the
> talk page. The only extra hurdle would be getting admins to restore talk
> oages when they restore deleted articles, something which really should
> be best practise anyway.

When you delete an article, there's a helpful function to remind you
to delete the talkpage too. I suspect that getting people to remember
to reinstate talkpages would be a lot easier if we had a coded hook to
check for the existence of a talkpage, and flag up a reminder to
restore it.

(Do we already have one? I don't do very much page-restoring these days...)

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk