[WikiEN-l] Another Media and Wikipedia blackout on NYT reporter in Afghanistan

geni geniice at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 22:03:39 UTC 2009

2009/9/9  <wjhonson at aol.com>:
> I don't think the point is "needing to reach" but rather it's "slapping
> the hand that reaches".
> Which is a little more pro-active, and less passive sounding.
> Is our position to be that, with a reliable source, we need multiple
> sources "in these cases" as Fred puts it.  And I really don't know what
> that implies.  Perhaps the NYT can stop being double-faced and come
> clean on their exact argument for blackouts.
>
> Was this even a blackout?  Or was it merely the case that there were
> not enough sources reporting it yet?

Several days with out the western media really talking about it and
that OTRS email suggests blackout. I

As for the sources the long war journal is a rather better source than
it initially appears:

http://www.longwarjournal.org/staff.php

And the South African independent is certainly legit if we can show
that the article existed at the point it was linked to.

--
geni