[WikiEN-l] Google Books class action lawsuit

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Sat Sep 5 19:08:05 UTC 2009

Charles a few things.

You do not need to be in the US to read a Google Book.  There is a thing
called proxy or super proxy or something of that sort, which will mask where
you are, and thus allow anyone to read a book as if they were in the US.

Secondly I like the idea of asking Google Books to specify what sort of
citation THEY would like a person to use.  In lieu of that, there is a standard
form of citation to include the repository in which you found the item, as
well as the item itself.  I think though, 99.34% of our writers probably
will continue to use the simplest form possible.  In fact we have a robot just
to help fill out bad citations.  When I find them, I tend to make these
citations fuller myself, but it's a never-ending task.

Will