[WikiEN-l] Googley comments

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 01:58:33 UTC 2009

On Thu, Sep 3, 2009 at 6:07 AM, David Gerard<dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes. Wikinews does this - they have a "collaboration" page for editors
> working on the article, but a "comment" page specifically for readers
> to spout forth. Would be good.

Yes, there's no good reason we should subject casual commenters to the
horrors of wikitext. If they can even figure out that in order to
comment they have to click a tiny little link marked "Discussion" (at
the top of the page, not the bottom where every other site does it),
then another tiny little link marked "Edit this page" or "New
section".

Simple suggestion: A big green button at the bottom of every page
marked "Comment on this page" which creates a new section on the
discussion page.