[WikiEN-l] Googley comments

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Wed Sep 2 19:01:50 UTC 2009

I just today noticed a new interesting thing while doing a Google  search.
Under each result there is a cloud looking thing and if you hover  it it
says "Comment".  So I tried it.

Would someone else try this Google search
    "arsenic and old lace" youtube

Just like that with the quotes and all.  On the first few hits you  should
see a result

_YouTube - Arsenic  And Old Lace 1/15 (1944)_
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6YzAfyIeAA)

Would you see if you can see a comment I left there?
I'm curious how this works.

To make this thread on-topic, I wonder if there would be any  advantage is
allowing comments, separate from Talk Page comments, on our  articles?
I notice that many casual readers will leave "comments" which you  can
generally spot as they are not-tagged-with-a-sig and generally left at the  top
of the Talk page without regard for headers and so on.

I just wonder if a more free-form "comment" section would encourage  more
casual readers to become casual writers.

Will Johnson

P.S. The only reason I picked this particular movie was because I  was
casually looking for more movies to add to my
_Click  here to see the entire list of Peter Lorre Movies on YouTube_
(http://knol.google.com/k/will-johnson/peter-lorre-movies-on-youtube/4hmquk6fx4gu/
299)
and
_Click  here to see the entire list of Cary Grant Movies on YouTube_
(http://knol.google.com/k/will-johnson/cary-grant-movies-on-youtube/4hmquk6fx4gu/18
8)

Although obviously people are *watching* my nightly selections,  they don't
seem to be adding any comments ;)
Maybe I'm perfect after all!