[WikiEN-l] Can sweet reason still work on en:wp? Occasionally.

Ryan Delaney ryan.delaney at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 21:00:29 UTC 2009

On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 10:34 AM, stevertigo <stvrtg at gmail.com> wrote:

> I would prefer we make the losers of an argument actually write notes
> of capitulation. How else am I going to know they aren't just going to
> come back and screw with me some more later?
>
> -Stevertigo

It's hard for me to even answer this question, since it assumes a
perspective to editing Wikipedia that I don't subscribe to, and don't want
to. Why on earth would you even approach editing on Wikipedia in terms of
"making" the "losers" "capitulate" to us so that we don't get "screwed"? I
really would encourage you to rethink this, because you seem to think that
policy ought to be written to accommodate this paranoid attitude that other
people here don't share.

- causa sui