[WikiEN-l] [Foundation-l] Fwd: [openmoko-announce] WikiReader

Robert Rohde rarohde at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 18:17:22 UTC 2009

I got to spend an hour playing with a prototype a few months ago.  I
was quite impressed at how much they were able to accomplish with a
$99 price tag and reasonably intuitive interface.  It is article text
only, no images, but it is clean and easy to read.  The prototype had
several software problems, but I'll assume that those were fixed in
the intervening months.

Anyway, this appears to be a good way to increase Wikipedia's reach by
giving it physical form.  Good luck to Openmoko.

-Robert Rohde