[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia: "a liberal cesspool of fact-checking, sources and citations"

Tony Sidaway tonysidaway at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 01:28:35 UTC 2009

On 10/11/09, Daniel R. Tobias <dan at tobias.name> wrote:
> On Tue, 6 Oct 2009 17:47:33 +0100, Tony Sidaway wrote:
>
>> Note also that principle 4, "Utilize Powerful Conservative Terms",
>> links to another of Schlafly's crackpot projects, to prove that since
>> 1612, "Powerful, insightful new conservative terms have grown at a
>> geometric rate, roughly doubling every century"
>>
>> http://conservapedia.com/Essay:Best_New_Conservative_Terms
>
> What definition of "conservative" is being used?  Creating anything
> "powerful, insightful, new" seems like a very liberal, progressive
> thing to do as opposed to conservatively sticking to what is tried
> and true.

These fellows are religious conservatives so conservatism for them
means sticking with whatever they think their book tells them about
the man in the sky.  "Liberalism" in this view is literally a disease
of the mind leading (again, literally) to perdition.

If you think I'm laying it on too thick, see this:

http://www.conservapedia.com/index.php?title=Liberal&oldid=698019