[WikiEN-l] Accepting the challenge to create a new article as a newbie and see if it lasts 2 minutes - or 7 days

WereSpielChequers werespielchequers at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 8 20:55:48 UTC 2009

Apologies for reviving a thread from three weeks ago. But the idea
that we had degenerated into a newbie biting place where one could
"challenge a newbie to create an article on Wikipedia and have that
article exist for an entire week. Guaranteed, your article will be
marked for “speedy deletion” within about two minutes of its
creation." bugged me, so I thought I'd unscientifically test it.

I made a suggestion at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Requests_for_comment/new_users#Lets_all_create_an_extra_account

Nobody including myself knows how many articles have so far been
created as part of the test, and yes one has already been deleted
under the novel speedy deletion criteria of "the wikilinks did not
have the proper markup".

But there are at least two other articles that have survived more than 24 hours.

Anyone else who is interested in following the test is welcome to
watch http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:WereSpielChequers/Newbie_treatment

Two articles at least should be unveiled in the next few days.

WereSpielChequers