[WikiEN-l] Age fabrication and original research

Rob gamaliel8 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 16:31:22 UTC 2009

On Sat, Oct 3, 2009 at 12:02 PM, Ken Arromdee <arromdee at rahul.net> wrote:
> On Fri, 2 Oct 2009, Rob wrote:
> In this context, the secondary source is "I found a reference to a newspaper
> article which quotes the date".  It's not going to discuss the conflict the
> way you describe--it's just more acceptable because it better fits the rule.

I got the newspaper article today and it turns out it discusses the
birth date discrepancy in detail, with references to interviews with
family, a number of documents, and court testimony.  This is exactly
the reason we should be using these kinds of sources as opposed to our
own amateur database lookups, not the strawman of a rules fetish.