[WikiEN-l] IAR

Ian Woollard ian.woollard at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 04:47:10 UTC 2009

On 04/10/2009, FT2 <ft2.wiki at gmail.com> wrote:
> No. I'm saying IAR ensures that /if/ an admin wishes to act against a
> genuinely problematic editor, wikilawyering ("but policy allows what I
> did!") won't easy prevent them doing so.

To be perfectly honest, I think the potential problems of 'wishes of
admin' are worse than any problems of wikilawyering.

I've never been ganged up on by a bunch of policies, but I've
certainly been ganged up on by a bunch of admins.

> In a project where anyone can write wordings, the communal sense of the
> spirit of a policy, and its pre-eminence, is quite a significant thing.

Indeed, it was the policies that stopped them. And that's what
concerns me about the attacks on wikilawyering. Rules are intended to
*avoid* problems.

--
-Ian Woollard