[WikiEN-l] deletionism in popular culture

David Goodman dgoodmanny at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 15:46:45 UTC 2009

Come join the talk at deletion review if you think its so easy to
restore articles. People cant even se ethem to work on  without asking
an administrator. (though there are some, including myself, who will
always userify for a good faith editor).

I think it's more likely that of the 20, not 1, but 10 could be
rescued--and some have already been, in some cases by merging. Of the
contested afds, I think that's probably the proportion. since we keep
fewer than half of the contested ones, we are losing the potential for
50 articles a day, 18,000 a year.

I do not consider that trivial. The deletion of improvable articles
because the small number of participants at AfD  who are interested
and willing to rescue them is one of the reasons for people losing the
interest in Wikipedia. Who after all actually wants to come to
articles for deletion, but those who want to delete articles.

David Goodman, Ph.D, M.L.S.