[WikiEN-l] deletionism in popular culture

Carcharoth carcharothwp at googlemail.com
Fri Oct 2 14:12:59 UTC 2009

On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 3:08 PM, Carcharoth <carcharothwp at googlemail.com> wrote:

<snip>

> http://www.saintedwardbrotherhood.org/StEdwardMartyr.pdf
>
> "Another word, more widely applicable than þegn, which came to be
> applied only to noblemen, was gesiþ. This can be understood as
> companion, but it really means more than that, and also implies the
> sworn sword-brother of the Heroic Code, which I shall mention
> particularly in a moment."

Ack! Why don't we have an article on the various heroic codes of
antiquity, the medieval period and today? How can heroic code only be
mentioned twice in Wikipedia?

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special%3ASearch&redirs=0&search=%22heroic+code%22&fulltext=Search&ns0=1

Plenty of sources even on a brief Google search:

http://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&q=%22heroic+code%22&meta=&aq=&oq=&fp=86e5ea432e49e343

Carcharoth