[WikiEN-l] How friendly are we to Newbies? Create an article as a newbie challenge now paused

Surreptitiousness surreptitious.wikipedian at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 16 21:38:56 UTC 2009

Carcharoth wrote:
> Take a random sample of
> deleted articles and see what proportion actually didn't fix the
> criteria and what proportion can be written as acceptable articles.

Have a look at [[Charles Mills Gayley]], which I created as a stub, was
deleted as an A7, and which I eventually returned to this year,
restoring it and expanding, and which an anon has this time run with.
That's how Wikipedia is supposed to work. We lost over three years of
potential article growth there.