[WikiEN-l] deletionism in popular culture

Ryan Delaney ryan.delaney at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 03:08:36 UTC 2009

On Sat, Nov 7, 2009 at 2:28 AM, Ian Woollard <ian.woollard at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 07/11/2009, Ryan Delaney <ryan.delaney at gmail.com> wrote:
> > That's usually a worthwhile suggestion. The reason that won't work here,
> > though, is that PWD requires edits to the software to work. In other
> words,
> > this is an all-or-nothing enterprise-- we'd probably have to get the
> whole
> > project behind the complete overhaul before anything could be done.
> > Obviously, this is a major barrier to implementation.
>
> I don't see any changes to the software are necessary, just the
> creation of some templates and some policy. What change is supposed to
> be needed?

The main changes, as explained on [[WP:PWD]] are: blank pages should show up
as redlinks, blanked pages should not show up in search results, blanked
pages must have noindex so they aren't caught by search engines. PWD doesn't
function otherwise: without these changes, it would be more confusing than
beneficial.

- causa sui