[WikiEN-l] deletionism in popular culture

Samuel Klein meta.sj at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 14:08:38 UTC 2009

On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 2:41 PM, Ryan Delaney <ryan.delaney at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 11:10 AM, Charles Matthews <
> charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com> wrote:

You're right that the original proposal failed to achieve it's goals, but
> given that it is a good idea, that's no reason to abandon it. The issue
> here
> should be whether it's a good idea or not and why.

I think this is a good idea, and that it has passive support from people now
but isn't on people's minds.  It's always hard to get people to implement a
plan significantly different from the status quo... I'm not sure we are
closer to that tipping point now than before, meaning that it would take
someone to campaign for such a change, and address complaints and challenges
levied against it.

SJ