[WikiEN-l] Docs look to Wikipedia for condition info: Manhattan Research

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Tue May 26 20:27:04 UTC 2009

2009/5/26  <WJhonson at aol.com>:
> In a message dated 5/26/2009 10:39:37 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
> thomas.dalton at gmail.com writes:
>
> I would  hope the pharmacist that filled the prescription would spot
> something like  that. I'm not sure people second guessing their doctors
> will have a net  benefit...>>
> -------------------
> Then shift the "error" to the pharmacy.  It's the same issue.

That's not shifting, that's duplicating, which makes it incredibly unlikely.

> Do you really think that *better informed* people are worse off then *less
> informed* people?

"A little knowledge can be a dangerous thing."

While I'm not a fan of argumentum ad proverbium (to completely make up
a Latin phrase), that particular proverb is often true and applies in
this case. People that know a little often don't realise how much they
don't know and, thus, make mistakes that wouldn't have been made if
they knew nothing and relied on experts.

> Our entire project has the net goal of increasing freedom of information,
> not cordoning some of it off with us as the nannies.

*Encyclopaedic information.* I still don't think accurate dosage
information is within our scope.