[WikiEN-l] Docs look to Wikipedia for condition info: Manhattan Research

Ken Arromdee arromdee at rahul.net
Tue May 26 16:06:56 UTC 2009

On Tue, 26 May 2009, Fred Bauder wrote:
> I understood it well enough. Accurate information on a number of subjects
> is inflammatory.

This is another example of being overly literal and avoiding common sense.
Obviously, when I say Wikipedia should avoid harm, I don't mean it should
avoid *any harm whatsoever*.  Rather, it means that we need to think about
how much harm something can do and not cause harm that is exceptionally acute
when the benefit to the encyclopedia is relatively small.  How do you figure
this out?  Well, you have to think--there's no rule for it.