[WikiEN-l] Docs look to Wikipedia for condition info: Manhattan Research

Sam Blacketer sam.blacketer at googlemail.com
Sun May 24 23:18:43 UTC 2009

On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 12:12 AM, Carcharoth <carcharothwp at googlemail.com>wrote:

> With vandalism, I think there is a duty of care to check the recent
> history and go back to the last version before the vandalism started.
> Sometimes you have to stop and look quite carefully, but if you don't,
> who else will?

I agree. Quite often vandals will come in and keep making vandal edits until
they are stopped. It only needs some other user to make a routine edit in
the middle for the reverter to miss the earlier edits, which might mean that
the article will be left with vandalism that appears to have been accepted
as valid. It's always worth investigating the history, and also whether the
account or IP has vandalised anything else, when doing a vandal revert.

--
Sam Blacketer