[WikiEN-l] Docs look to Wikipedia for condition info: Manhattan Research

David Goodman dgoodmanny at gmail.com
Sun May 24 05:26:33 UTC 2009

The guideline is at:

[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MOS:MED#Drugs]
"Do not include dose and titration information except when they are
notable or necessary for the discussion in the article. Wikipedia is
not an instruction manual or textbook and should not include
instructions, advice (legal, medical or otherwise) or "how-to"s; see
WP:NOT#HOWTO."

as for proposing to remove it, we'd need to start another discussion.
The most recent was:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:WikiProject_Medicine/Archive_10#Drug_Information_in_Wikipedia
(with extensive comments by Kevin Clauson)

see also

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:WikiProject_Pharmacology/Archive_2#Clauson_study

Earlier discussions are at:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:Manual_of_Style_(medicine-related_articles)/Archive_2#Dosages_of_Drugs
 and
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:Manual_of_Style_(medicine-related_articles)/Archive_2#Drugs:_Do_not_include_detailed_dosage_and_titration_information.

there's a lot of reading. Personally, I call it IMNAP-paranoia