[WikiEN-l] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WP:SOCK

Amory Meltzer amorymeltzer at gmail.com
Thu May 21 13:17:56 UTC 2009

In my experience with web-based positions of power, people leave for two
reasons:

1. Their life changes (job, kids, school, etc.) basically meaning they can't
or don't want to commit the time or
2. Things change and the website didn't go exactly the way they wanted it to
- serious business and all that.

Emailing dormant admin accounts is a pretty safe bet, because if it's the
former there are unlikely to be repercussions, and if it's the latter then
they might be able to engage them in conversation, which is all these
"fighters" want.  It's pretty clear they're not out for improving anyone's
experience other than his/her/their own, but they're just playing the odds.

~A