[WikiEN-l] someone after non-active admin accounts

Wilhelm Schnotz wilhelm at nixeagle.org
Thu May 21 18:55:25 UTC 2009

The suspected sock template does not summon checkusers and nor should it.
You should either send a request to a checkuser vie email, or use
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:SPI ... the process is much faster
then it used to be. (SPI is the replacement for RFCU and SSP).

Contacting the arbcom though is probably the most prudent course of action,
and arbcom will take care of getting cu's involved and like.

On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 12:29 PM, Jay Litwyn <
brewhaha at freenet.edmonton.ab.ca> wrote:

> What was I thinking? You can contact abuse at googlemail.com about your
> problem
> without bothering a checkuser. You could also be sly and solicit a response
> from him via direct e-mail, by replying to him with direct e-mail. IOW, lie
> about your password. That might let you reach his ISP about hacking
> potential. In the event that the problem does not go away at source, then
> putting a suspected sockpuppet template on his front page will summon a
> checkuser to find another reason to block him, and I do not think you need
> another reason. I think Mister Lau on wikipedia review will second you if
> you need that.
>
> > "Abigail Brady" <morwen at evilmagic.org> wrote in message
> > news:68e55ace0905210832g75a27ee5ha7a36217a2045d9b at mail.gmail.com...
> >> The headers indicate it was sent through the 'email this user feature':
> >> my
> >> mailhost received it directly from wikimedia.org.
> >>

> http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Log&user=Wp_freedom_fighter
> >>
> >> indicates the account was created May 10, although it doesn't seem to
> >> have
> >> done anything after creation.
> >>
> >> On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 3:33 PM, Jay Litwyn
> >> <brewhaha at freenet.edmonton.ab.ca

> http://wikipediareview.com/index.php?s=6db52210dc1d573db450917c2f128df3&showtopic=24308&pid=172868&st=0&#entry172868
> <http://ecn.ab.ca/%7Ebrewhaha/finance/Manual_Spam_Control.htm>
> which

User:Nixeagle on all wikimedia foundation wikis.
Administrator on English wikipedia and meta.