[WikiEN-l] Date conditional switching templates

stevertigo stvrtg at gmail.com
Wed May 13 19:07:16 UTC 2009

On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 9:00 PM, Mark Nilrad <marknilrad at yahoo.com> wrote:

> The thing about the template is that after the date it's useless; it can
> just be plain text. So, someone will come and remove it, which is just the
> same as having to update the date manually.

I suggested above that because these template tags can be categorized, and
are distinct from other text, and can contain also a simple way of
indicating (visibly or in code) their switched position, that they would be
easily visible to a bot, which could then check and replace switched tags
with the past tense text.

We could also I suppose automate other kinds of content in other simple
ways, but I can't think of anything that would be computationally feasible.
I suppose we already do present auto-calculated personal age based on their
birth date, or their birth and death date. Any other [[Wikipedia:Content
automation]] templates/tags/processes?

-SV