[WikiEN-l] Fwd: Irish student's Wikipedia hoax dupes newspapers

Andrew Turvey raturvey at yahoo.co.uk
Tue May 12 23:23:43 UTC 2009

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: "Michael Peel" <email at mikepeel.net>
Sent: Sunday, 10 May, 2009 17:30:42 GMT +00:00 GMT Britain, Ireland, Portugal
Subject: Re: FYI

Added at 14.13 on 30 March by an anon:
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?
title=Maurice_Jarre&diff=next&oldid=280648942

Removed 24 hours later, at 15.07 on 31 March, as it was unsourced:
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?
title=Maurice_Jarre&diff=next&oldid=280865419

Journalists should really check their sources... It's unfortunate
that they believe unreferenced things on Wikipedia.

Mike