[WikiEN-l] Usability Study Results (Sneak Preview)

jidanni at jidanni.org jidanni at jidanni.org
Sat May 9 00:56:30 UTC 2009

Brion Vibber <brion at wikimedia.org> writes:
>>> One of the tricks google use is they try stuff out on victims... I
>>> I think if at all practical, the wikipedia needs to start doing stuff like that.
>> That sounds like an excellent idea to me. Is it achievable?
> Such A/B testing is planned for various things where feasible.
Speaking of Google tricks:

A friend of mine in his 80's knows not to click on the sponsored links,
the right column of Google search results.

But when Google occasionally takes one of those sponsored links from its
right column, and slips it in to its left column legitimate search
results, with only background tint and fine print to distinguish it,
well, the rest is
http://groups.google.com/groups/search?as_umsgid=87eivk5lum.fsf%40jidanni.org