[WikiEN-l] Neutrality enforcement: a proposal

stevertigo stvrtg at gmail.com
Fri May 8 20:22:42 UTC 2009

On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 8:47 AM, Durova <nadezhda.durova at gmail.com> wrote:

> Please help me nuke it before this well-intentioned notion of arbitration
> does any more damage.
>
> -Durova

And the thought that "NPOV enforcers" would be doing this "enforcing," is..
it.. it just does not generate the warm and fuzzy feeling we look for in
good ideas.

It's bad enough we have an Arbcom that likes to think it should'nt have to
explain itself to anybody, let alone discuss things openly. Your vision of
enforcement only conjures up a vision of Sean Connery in red daipers and on
horseback, shooting at people indiscriminately with a revolver.

SV's choice of scope: "..on Israel-Palestine articles.." cannot be serious.
Everyone knows that theres some subjectivity involved there. "Neutrality" in
that context can only found through lots of shuckling and jihad.

SV says: "[this idea] could be extended to other intractable disputes if it
works.."  Parsing: "Intractable disputes.." [solved by] "enforcement" of
[abstract concept], [by] 'enforcers of [abstract concept].' Sounds like
Zardoz to me.

-SV