[WikiEN-l] Twitterpedia will win

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Mon May 4 23:28:32 UTC 2009

http://www.lisnews.org/encyclopedic_knowledge_then_vs_now

Nice comment on this article:

"Some say that all software loaded on a local machine will soon be
obsolete, so it's not a problem with Encarta, but with technology. I
wonder if Wikipedia will be here 10 years from now, with it's
long-winded entries, when Twitterpedia tells me everything I need to
know in 140 characters or less. You should read the Twitterpedia
version of the Peloponnesian War. Soon, that's all we'll be able to
comprehend, 140 characters or less.

"(okay, there is no Twitterpedia,... not a real one, anyway.)"

So. Who's going to start Twitterpedia?

- d.