[WikiEN-l] Microsoft kills Encarta

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Tue Mar 31 18:24:08 UTC 2009

<<In a message dated 3/31/2009 10:58:17 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
dgerard at gmail.com writes:

The  plumbing of templates is horrible, but the actual template
interface is  simple. Presumably WYSIWYG editing tools can be tweaked
to make it a  fill-in form more accessibly.>>

This would be the BOMB, the absolute frickin ultimate BOMB.
(That means a good thing.)

I hate long templates esp. because I can never remember the component  names.
 So I tend to just stick to my old way of doing things and let  others fancy
it up later.  Some templates (to my mind) are just utterly  stupid.  But if
they came up as a form, that would certainly simplify  everything.

Let's start with Tables.  They are... a... pain.  A royal  pain.  Not just a
normal commoner pain.
If I want to use a table, I don't even try the Wiki-way, I just use HTML
markup.
Of course that generally means that no one ever updates my tables because
they can't understand them.

Will Johnson