[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia isn't just a good idea - it's compulsory

Ian Woollard ian.woollard at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 17:28:17 UTC 2009

On 26/03/2009, doc <doc.wikipedia at ntlworld.com> wrote:
> Personally, I think this is just a cunning plan to get hundreds of
> thousands of young Brits trained to use wikipedia, so we can control the
> right articles and edit the Empire back in. Two clicks and 1776 becomes
> a minor crushed uprising. The world map will be pink once again
> (virtually).

Too late! According to the six degrees of wikipedia project:

http://www.netsoc.tcd.ie/~mu/wiki/

the central article (the article with the least number of clicks to
anywhere) in the wikipedia is [[United Kingdom]]!

The British Empire is in control and you can't stop it :-p

<cue British national anthem>

p.s. thanks for spending the money to host it in Florida for us!
--
-Ian Woollard

We live in an imperfectly imperfect world. Life in a perfectly
imperfect world would be *much* better. Life in an imperfectly perfect
world would be pretty ghastly though.