[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia isn't just a good idea - it's compulsory

Jay Litwyn brewhaha at freenet.edmonton.ab.ca
Thu Mar 26 14:37:14 UTC 2009

I had a hard time learning to eliminate warnings from Grammatik. RTFM. I
ignored the rule on sentence length like I ignore the rule on sentence
fragments, today.
The hardest rule is activation, where you might need to insert pronouns
like:
The donkey was kicked.
Someone kicked the donkey.

Wikis might be a nice trick for a teacher. She could mark grammar and
spelling by correcting it. The student would see a diff. OR, she could get
peers from the next grade or two to do that. Just call a geek to install a
server. Then there is still penmanship, Matters of Content, and Matters of
Organization (and probably matters of style) for the accepted and understood
revisions. Three fifths of the mark on an essay are not mechanical.

news:fbad4e140903251426vcd5a376ld460df78b57cb6e5 at mail.gmail.com...