[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia isn't just a good idea - it's compulsory

Phil Nash pn007a2145 at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Mar 25 23:45:11 UTC 2009

Thomas Dalton wrote:
>> 2009/3/25 Phil Nash <pn007a2145 at blueyonder.co.uk>:
>>> I don't see much of a problem with this, as a comparison implies
>>> some sort of value-judgement.
>>
>> UK primary school history does tend to focus on people a lot, rather
>> than details of historical events.

Probably more recent than my 1950s primary school history, which IIRC, was
more about dates and events rather than people, and my 1960s history
education was more about politics than anything else. Social history might
just as well have been a foreign language when I was taught. Let's just say
it didn't relate to my experience of life, and thus failed to light my fire.